I’m not a big fan of beer and I have a six pack in my fridge that’s been waiting for a while to get picked out. Everytime I open the fridge to take something I can hear six small sighs of disappointment as I close it.
Honestly I just felt sorry for those poor bottles and I just console myself by saying “well at least they have each other!”
Pity no more!
Found a recipe that got me excited. No way I could screw this up!!!
CHEFS, À VOS FOURNEAUX
- 5-6 chicken drumsticks (mine were skinless/boneless).
- A handful of garlic cloves peeled (just make sure you are not kissing anyone tonight, or make sure they also eat this lovely dish you have prepared!).
- 2 carrots cut into 1 inch pieces.
- 4 bay leaves.
- 1 tablespoon of dried herbs of your choice ( I used Herbes de Provence, but it would also work with rosemary, thyme, oregano…).
- 1 can of whole mushrooms sliced in half.
- 1 big onion roughly chopped.
- 1 cup of raw broccoli.
- 1 bottle and a half of beer: dark, blond, red… whatever suits your taste buds (don’t be surprised if it flips off the other bottles and yells SO LONG SUCKKAAAAAZZ, because that’s what mine did).
- Salt and pepper.
Preheat the oven at 400°F/220°C
- Season your chicken with salt, pepper and the dried herbs.
- Toss everything together in an pan or heat-resistant dish.
- Pour in the beer and hear it laugh hysterically out of pure joy as it has finally been chosen.
- Feed the whole thing to the oven!
Leave it in for about 1 hour and make sure to turn your chicken every 15 minutes.
OPTIONAL 1: You could collect the juices left in the pan and use them as a sauce. Or you can dilute a teaspoon of corn starch and thicken it over the stove if you dont want it too liquid.
OPTIONAL 2: you can use less beer, about 1.5 cups, and have the whole thing caramelise!
You are now ready to devour this meal, lick your fingers, and while you’re at it, the plate as well!